MOOC based at PIDE, Islamabad, Pakistan, from February 10th, 2014 for the Spring Semester. Material related to this open online course is linked below.
- Course Outline
- Special Features of the Course
- Introduction to Statistics BLOG
- Recording of LIVE lectures, discussion classes on Wednesday mornings.
PRE-RECORDED lectures for this course are listed below
Links below to movies, and downloadable presentations (powerpoint+audio) of the lectures. For text and supporting materials, see Introduction to Statistics for Muslims
- Lecture 1: Islamic Approaches to Knowledge
Unit 1: Descriptive Statistics
- Lecture 2: COMPARISONS (Part I): Indexing Facts and Fiction
- Lecture 3: COMPARISONS (Part II): Sorting, Ranking & Percentiles
- Lecture 4: REPRESENTING: (Mean, Median and Mode)
- Lecture 5: Measures of Spread, and Outliers
- Lecture 6: Boxplots
- Lecture 7: Histograms
- Lecture 8: Densities
- Lecture 9: Bivariate Relationships
End of unit 1 (Descriptive Statistics)
UNIT 2: Random Variables
- Lecture 10: Random Draws
For a description of the special features and characteristics of this course, see FEATURES.
Concluding Lecture (Concluding Lecture which explains why current western methodology is seriously defective)