CURRENTLY PENDING/IN-PROCESS RESEARCH WORKS:
1 Aug 2011:
- Islamic Economics Survey (published in 3 parts in Islamic Studies, to appear in Book form shortly)
- Scarcity: East and West” Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance, Vol. 6, No. 1, January – March 2010.
- “The Rise and Fall of the Market Economy,” Review of Islamic Economics, Vol. 14, No. 2, 2010, pp. 123–155.
- “The Limits of Market Economy,” entry in Encyclopedia of Islamic Economics,to appear.
- Monetary and Non-Monetary Gift Exchange. (with Saima) To appear in PDR (annual meetings volume)
- Islamic Attitude towards Motives, Incentives of Economic Agents and the Role of Information [to appear in Encyclopedia of Islamic Economics]
- Variance Estimates and Model Selection (with Sidika Basci and Arzdar Kiraci)International Econometrics Review, vol 2. no 2, 2010
- Causal Relations via Econometrics International Econometrics Review, vol 2, no. 1, 2010.
- European History: Lessons for Muslims (to appear in IRI journal INSIGHTS)
- Anti-Poverty Policies and Anti-Poor Philosophies. to appear in Journal of Business & Economics
- Power/Knowledge and Economic Theories: to appear in Lahore Journal of Policy Studies.
- “Critical Mission of the Muslim Economist,” Pakistan Management Review, 2nd Qtr. 2009[link]
- “Corruption: Measuring the Unmeasurable,” (joint with Faiz-ur-Rahim) Humanomics, Vol 25, number 2, June 2009, p 117-126.
- “Origins of Western Social Science” Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance, vol 5, number 2, 2009.
- “Islamic Attitude towards Motives, Incentives of Economic Agents and the Role of Information” entry in Encyclopedia of Islamic Economics,to appear.
- “Tests for Structural Change, Homogeneity, and Aggregation” (joint with Esfandiar Maasoumi & Mumtaz Ahmed). Economic Modeling, 2010. to appear
- “Islamic Economics: A Survey of the Literature,” Religion and Development Research Programme, Working Paper 22, Univ. of Birmingham, 2008, Islamic Studies, IRI Journal, 2010
- “Failures of Modernization Theories,” Pakistaniaat: A Journal for Pakistan Studies, Vol 1, No. 2, 2009
- “Causal Relations via Economics” Published in International Econometrics Review.